Since my course at Uni doesn’t start until mid September I’ve collected some photos from college and decided to start writing about some of the project that I did during my Art Foundation course. Some of them are actually pretty old so I hope I can remember what they were actually all about!
Okay, so one of the college projects that I never got to write about was a 3 day Experimental Drawing project where we experimented with a range of different ways of mark making, different ways of drawing lines (you would be surprised how many there actually is!) and with taking sections of our drawings and interpreting them on a big scale. We were asked to use only black and white colours but we could use any media we want, and the more media variety the better! I must say I really enjoyed this project even though I’m usually not that experimental when it comes to Art. (Well, I definitely improved a lot while I was at college!).
So, first thing we were asked to do was to sit by the window as this is what we were going to draw.
Then we were given a long piece of receipt paper to draw on which was quite surprising tbh! Starting on one side we were asked to draw all vertical lines first and nothing else.. so it was really important to keep some kind of proportions. Once we finished we were asked to do the same thing but with the horizontal lines..then diagonal, and then we could add trees and some other details that we felt we needed. At some point we were also asked to add some writing by for example writing ‘tree’ few times on the actual drawing of a tree and so on.
Here are some of the sections of my drawings after I added more details into it and more shading.
I took some photos while I was interpreting this little drawing on a much bigger piece of paper and by accident I documented how from a quite a good start that I was happy with I got to a heavily overworked drawing that I didn’t really like..oh well.
I feel like I really shouldn’t make this post any longer (Wow, if you’ve just finished reading it all!) so, I’m gonna end it with a page from my journal covered with pattern I created that day using quink ink and crumbled piece of newspaper.